This month, we’re delving into the origins of Uptown Violins! The founders, Brittany Peterson and Kerri Parr, share some of their memories, advice, and inspiration in this fun, behind-the-scenes video. Grab a pumpkin spice latte, enjoy a new violin cover, and check it out to find the answers to our Uptown Violins Quiz!
Quiz: How well do you know Uptown Violins?
- In what establishment did Brittany and Kerri first discuss the idea of Uptown Violins?
- Who actually came up with the name? (This one may come as a surprise!)
- What are musical “mashups?”
- At what age did the members of Uptown Violins begin to play music?
- What other instrument did they play growing up?
- How many brothers and sisters does Allison Peterson have? (Check out the throwback picture to The Sound of Music!)
- What was the name of Allison’s musical ensemble growing up?
- What was the name of the pre-Uptown Violins group when the girls were little?
- Is Uptown Violins limited to violins?
- Who inspired Brittany for her mashups? And Kerri?
Special Thanks to Heather Deiter of FeatherFoxCreations for the videography.